Canola oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the canola plant, a plant from the family of ‘Brassica’, similar to the plants like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc. Canola oil is one of the well-known edible vegetable oils widely used in countries like Canada and Mexico. This oil has the properties of nourishing and moisturizing hair and skin, the essential qualities required for hair care. One can enhance these qualities of canola oil by mixing it with some other substances with matching and complementing characteristics. Here you can see some of the brilliant combinations.
- Canola oil with coconut oil & honey: To make this combination, take equal parts of canola oil, coconut oil, and honey in a bowl. Stir it well for mixing the ingredients thoroughly. Then you can apply it on the scalp and hair and massage it well on all parts of the scalp and hair to stimulate blood circulation. It is better to keep the mixture on the hair for a minimum of 30 minutes. Rinse off the oil with some freshwater using a mild shampoo. For better results, do it one or two times a week.
- Canola oil with olive oil: In this combination of hair care, you need to mix an equal amount of canola oil and olive oil and then warm the mixture slightly. Apply the mixture all over your hair and scalp and massage the scalp well to increase blood circulation. For best results, leave it for one to two hours and then wash with fresh water using a mild shampoo. Repeat the process one or two times a week for the best results.
- Canola oil with sesame oil: To prepare the mixture of canola oil and sesame oil to use for hair care, take one tablespoon of canola oil, and mix it with an equal amount of sesame oil. Mix the oils well and apply them all over your hair and scalp. Don’t forget to give a good massage to your scalp using the fingertips. Leave it for 30 minutes to one hour on the hair and then wash it off using some freshwater with the help of a mild shampoo. Repeat it once or twice a week.
- Canola oil with almond oil: Take some amount of canola oil in a bowl, sufficient enough to apply on your whole hair for one time, and mix it with an equal amount of almond oil. Massage this mix well on your scalp and hair and leave it for a minimum duration of one hour. Rinse it well using enough freshwater and a mild shampoo. Repeat the process once or twice a week to maintain your hair healthy and shiny.
- Canola oil massage: Canola oil alone can use for hair care to maintain its strength and smoothness. For that, take the required amount of canola oil to apply to your hair and scalp. Heat it slightly till getting warm, but not too hot to take in your hand. Apply the warm oil on your hair and scalps and massage well. Take care to apply to all the parts of your hair in sections to reach every part. Wait for a minimum duration of one hour and then wash it off thoroughly with plain water using a mild shampoo. You can repeat it once or twice a week for the best results.
Besides the oil massage to nurture your hair, you can mix canola oil with banana, avocado, or mayonnaise for hair conditioning. In the subsequent part, you can see some of the top benefits of canola oil for hair care.
Benefits of using canola oil for hair care
- Canola oil moisten hair: Canola oil can keep the hair moisturized and so it is most beneficial against the dryness and breaking of hair. When you have the practice to use hair styling instruments as well as hair gels, hair can become dry and brittle so fast. So, canola oil is a nice remedy to keep the hair hydrated and soft.
- Canola oil reduces hair fall: Hair loss is a common problem for many people. Medication, nutritional deficiencies, sickness, or the lack of proper care, etc., can be the reasons behind it. According to many studies and testimonies, canola oil is an excellent cure for hair loss. The monounsaturated fatty acids present in canola oil can rehydrate the hair and repair damages, so that the hair fall will be gradually reduced. The regular application of canola oil on the hair is needed to get better results.
- Canola oil ensures easy hair management: Canola oil is the best remedy to deal with frizzy hair. So, no more struggle with frizzy hair during the winter or monsoon. The capacity of canola oil to smoothen and moisture the hair is well known. Therefore, the regular application of it will keep your hair smooth and shiny and you can manage it to style in any form you prefer without much struggle.
- Canola oil repairing of hair: Canola oil is capable of repairing the hair strands because of its rich formula with plenty of Vitamin E, one of the essential elements for hair growth. The antioxidant properties of Canola oil help to neutralize the free radicals and protect your hair from various damages. The regular usage of canola oil will prevent hair damage and repair your hair to transfer it strong and healthy.
- Canola oil promotes hair growth: Canola oil can promote faster hair growth. The vitamin E content of the canola oil and other supporting components can help hair growth. Regular massage of the scalp with canola oil alone or mixed with some other oil as mentioned above will promote hair growth. So, make canola oil usage a habit and get healthy, strong, smooth, shiny, and hydrated hair to flaunt.
Besides the benefits mentioned above, canola oil is also used for the treatment of split ends and dandruff. Make canola oil massage a routine in your hair care process. The results will be wonderful and you can avoid the headache of searching to get suitable hair products regularly.