When you slept through the ringing of the alarm, but need to appear in the workplace all confident and chic for some important meeting or event, a bad hair day will be a nightmare. Sometimes, regular brushing or different types of hair products may not be sufficient to do the trick. Whether you can believe it or not, hair smoothing is not rocket science, but as simple as that you can do it naturally in the comfort of your home. Here you can see some effective tips for natural hair smoothing. Read through and find the most suitable one for you to tame your hair and maintain its beauty and style.
- Coldwater rinses: Coldwater is powerful enough to remove the frizzes from your hair and make it straight. There is a pattern for using cold water for hair smoothing. Wash and condition your hair with an anti-frizz hair conditioner. Then pour cold water over your hair and rinse it. Do it two-three times to get the desired result. The trick is mostly in the way you dry it. Instead of the regular scrunching to dry the hair, pat dries it slowly and gently. The cold water will support the action of the anti-frizz conditioner and sustain its action to remove the frizzes from the hair.
- Banana & yogurt pack: Banana & yogurt pack is a natural and easy to fix the kind of hair smoothing mixture. The carbohydrates and natural oils present in the banana along with its other useful contents can provide antioxidant effects to keep the hair strong and hydrated. It is capable of smoothing the curls and soothes the scalp when you can use it regularly. When you add yogurt the banana, the above-mentioned qualities and effects are doubled. You can prepare a banana-yogurt pack by mixing a ripe banana pulp with yogurt. One banana and one tablespoon of yogurt will do the trick. When applying, take care to start from the tip and reach the crown slowly. You can rinse it off with fresh or slightly warm water and a mild shampoo after an hour.
- Rinsing with apple cider vinegar (ACV): Apple cider vinegar (ACV) can smooth your hair as it is capable to close the hair cuticles on your head to make the hair smoother and softer. To do the rinsing, take one cup of water and add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar into it. After regular washing, rinse your hair using this mixture and leave it on the hair. It can make the hair free from frizzles and shinier.
- Hot oil massage: Hot oil massage is one of the best methods for smoothing your hair naturally. Oils like coconut, jojoba, olive, castor, rosemary, lavender, sweet almond and thyme, etc., can be used for this hot oil massage. For doing this, take sufficient amount of oil and warm it slightly. Massage your scalp with the warm oil using your fingers and apply it all over your hair. After the massage, cover your head using a warm towel and leave it on the hair for twenty minutes or more. Rinse off with a mild shampoo. Repeating it in once a week will keep your hair shiny, smooth and healthy.
- Homemade shampoo: A homemade shampoo can help you to smooth hair. For this, take some dried amla (Indian gooseberry), shikakai as well as reetha. Boil them together for some time to form a soapy solution. Using this mixture, wash your hair twice a week to maintain its smoothness. Using natural shampoos available in the market can also provide the same result.
- Natural hair drying: If you use too many instruments on your hair such as hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners, etc., your hair may lose its natural texture and the excess heat from the instruments makes the hair brittle and dry. Whenever possible, try to dry your hair naturally in the air or with an overhead fan to protect it from unnecessary heat.
- Use hibiscus shampoo: Hibiscus leaves will make a perfect natural shampoo. For preparing this, crush a handful of leaves in a few cups of water and mix it well. Remove the residue of the leaves from the water using a sieve. Apply this solution on your hair and keep it for ten minutes. Wash it off with fresh water. This will leave your hair smooth, shiny, and healthy. Regular use of this can stimulate hair growth and prevent early graying.
- No chemicals: If you need to keep your hair shiny and smooth, saying no chemicals is essential. Most shampoos, conditioners, hair gels, and sprays are filled with chemicals. So, keep a ‘no chemicals’ policy and use natural products only on your hair. Formulate a special pattern for your hair care that can maintain your hair strong, shiny, and smooth.
- Regular trimming: Regular trimming is inevitable if you prefer smooth and shiny hair. With trimming, you can remove the split ends of the hair. The split ends may cause frizzing and dryness to your hair. Trimming it once every two months is most appropriate to maintain its smoothness.
- Mayonnaise & avocado hair mask: The mayonnaise hair mask is one of the best ingredients for hair soothing. The L-cysteine present in the Mayonnaise is capable to stimulate hair growth because of its antioxidant nature. To prepare this mask, you need one cup of mayonnaise and a little smashed avocado. ¼th of avocado will work well. Mix them together and apply thoroughly to your hair. Make a bun with the whole hair at the crown of your head and cover it with a shower cap. After one hour, you can wash your hair thoroughly with the help of a mild shampoo.
Proper care is essential to keep your hair smooth and shiny. Try to avoid vigorous combing or brushing. Be careful not to comb or brush wet hair to prevent breakage. A wide-toothed comb is always good to use to remove tangles from your hair. Regular oiling and proper conditioning are also essential. Try to use natural conditioners whenever possible. Good hair is a pride of every person. Find more nature-friendly ways and maintain your hair strong, smooth, and shiny.